The majority of people have heard of the term “limestone” but might not be too sure of exactly what it is and its conventional purposes. Delta Aggregate provides readers with informative details about this widely-utilized product.
Limestone is a sedimentary rock that is regularly utilized in all kinds of construction projects. Crushed limestone is a material with plenty of flexibility in terms of its applications and its uses range anywhere from supplying fill material to building bridges. Crushed limestone is often used when constructing highways, airport runways, railways, homes, hospitals, and schools. It is also utilized for proper drainage, water filtration, and erosion control. Gravel driveways, roads, parking lots, and sewer systems are other projects where limestone is routinely used.
Listed below are 17 types of limestone goods along with their various uses:
- ¾” Clean Crushed Limestone/INDOT #8: Used for pipe backfill, foundation walls, drainage, and concrete mix.
- Road Base: Suitable for compactable base under brick and concrete pavers, and as the base of retaining walls.
- 4×6 RIP RAP: Utilized for shorelines, streambeds, and extend across abutments to protect against erosion.
- INDOT Uniform RIP RAP: Applied at shorelines, streambeds, and cross-over abutments to protect against erosion.
- INDOT Revetment RIP RAP: Appropriate for shorelines, streambeds, and span abutments to protect against erosion.
- RR #5: Fitting for shorelines, streambeds, and reach across abutments to protect against erosion.
- INDOT Class 2: Used for shorelines, streambeds, and bridge abutments to protect against erosion.
- RR #7: Suitable for shorelines, streambeds, and cross-over butments to protect against erosion.
- Armour Stone: Utilized at river revetment and diversion.
- ⅝” Clean Crushed Limestone: Commonly selected for pathways, driveways, and decorative ground cover.
- INDOT #11, IDOT CM 13: Great for pathways, driveways, and decorative ground cover.
- Limestone Screening: Often used in bike paths, walking paths, horse stable arenas and stalls, and also as a leveling agent.
- Aglime: Effective for protecting the soil from wind and erosion.
- Railroad Blast: Utilized for railroad tracks, fill deep over-digs, porches, and garages.
- #2 Limestone: Great as driveway base and decorative ground cover.
- 3” Crushed Limestone: Advisable for the base of driveways, parking lots, and construction drives for heavy equipment.
- INDOT #5: Ideal for pipe backfill, foundation walls, drainage, and concrete mix.
Delta Aggregate provides clients with limestone and other types of aggregates that are desirable for construction projects. Our modern equipment manufactures quality aggregates at affordable costs. Delta Aggregate deals directly with customers to maintain the utmost integrity. We are situated at 9025 S Church Road Immokalee, Florida and our phone number is (815) 791-8377.